Florida Elder Abuse and Nursing Home Litigation Lawyers
Each year hundreds of elder persons are abused, neglected and exploited by family members, professional caregivers and others. Many victims are people who are frail and vulnerable and cannot help themselves and depend on others to meet their most basic needs. Elder abuse occurs when someone knowingly or unknowingly causes harm or a risk of harm to an older adult. Elder abuse can take several forms, including:
- Physical abuse such as hitting, pushing, shaking or burning, with the intention of causing pain or injury
- Sexual abuse such as inappropriate touching, rape or pornographic photography
- Emotional abuse which includes psychological or emotional abuse such as harassment, insults, intimidation or threats
- Financial abuse which involves financial or material exploitation such as stealing, trickery or inappropriate use of financial power
- Neglect such as failure to provide adequate food, water, shelter or personal care or abandonment
If you are a concerned relative or friend of an elderly person you believe is suffering from abuse, we recommend that you contact our office and speak with a member of our legal team.
At the law offices of Alan Goldfarb, P.A., we bring extensive experience to personal injury victims throughout South Florida. Our firm has more than 38 years litigating medical malpractice claims and knows how to maximize the resources available to obtain optimal results. Our attorneys provide a full service approach to each client and their needs. We combine thorough preparation with aggressive advocacy, using our knowledge and experience to help you seek full and fair compensation for your losses.
Contact Our Offices
Alan Goldfarb, P.A. will advise you and your loved ones of your legal options. Contact our office at 305-371-3111 or toll free at 866-936-9761 to schedule a FREE consultation with our legal team today!
At the law offices of Alan Goldfarb, P.A., we are AV-rated under Martindale-Hubbell's Peer Review Rating System. For eight years in a row, we have been included in South Florida Legal Guide's List of Top Law Firms and Attorneys. Florida Super Lawyers has listed us among its Top 100 Lawyers, and we were named to the Best Lawyers in America in 2007 and 2008.