Miami Burn Injury Attorneys
If you or a loved one has sustained a burn injury, you are probably worried about a number of items. Whether you are missing time from work, experiencing pain from the burns, concerned about any scarring or disfigurement the burns may cause or have anything else on your mind, our skilled Miami burn injury attorneys understand. We provide skilled and attentive legal help to burn injury victims and their families.
At the law offices of Alan Goldfarb, P.A., we understand the devastating impact of a burn injury. We know how painful burn injuries can be, and we know the extensive medical treatment serious burns can require. Our personal injury attorneys are dedicated to securing maximum compensation for our clients for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and other losses.
We have more than 39 years of experience as Florida fire accident victim attorneys. We are knowledgeable about the ways people can sustain burn injuries and the methods for securing compensation. We handle burn injury claims arising from:
- Electrocutions, fires and explosions
- Residential fires
- Hot liquids
- Automobile fires
- Water heater fires
- Defective products
Burn injuries exist in four degrees, and each one is increasingly more severe. These include:
- First degree burns. First degree burns are the least severe. These are superficial burns to the top-most layers of skin. The skin is not broken by a first degree burn. Although first degree burns hurt, burn victims with first degree burns are likely to heal relatively quickly and with little scarring, if any.
- Second degree burns. Second degree burns are more serious as they permeate through the top layer of skin. The top layer of skin may be broken. While painful, second degree burn victims will likely recover with little scarring. However, burn wound infections are a concern for those burn victims recovering from second degree burns.
- Third degree burns. Third degree burns are deep, and they extend down through all three layers of the skin and into the tissues below. Third degree burn victims often suffer these severe injuries when the source of the fire was in contact with the victim’s skin for a prolonged period of time, or when the source of the burn was very intense or hot. Third degree burns often require skin grafting to recover from, and take a long time to heal.
- Fourth degree burns. Fourth degree burns go deep into the body – through the skin and deep into the tissues that lie beneath. When muscles, ligaments, or even bone are burned, it is a fourth degree burn. These are life-threatening burns that require immediate medical attention. If the burn victim survives, the burns can take a very long time to heal, and the wound site will never again look as it did before the burn occurred.
Burn injuries can have lasting effects. Burn victims often require emergency medical treatment for their burns, which can involve debridement of the burned skin and tissue, surgery, and in some cases skin grafting procedures. These are costly medical procedures even when a burn victim has health insurance. Not only are the initial treatment costs high, but burn injuries are very slow to heal and are prone to infection. Burn wounds require frequent cleaning and bandage changing during recovery since burn wounds require a clean and moist environment to heal most quickly. A burn victim will have to live through the pain of recovering from their burn wounds.
Once healed, burn victims might have painful or disfiguring scars that constantly serve as a reminder of their horrible burn experience. The scars might be tight areas of tissue that inhibit the victim’s ability to move like they did prior to the burn accident. Disfiguring scars, particularly scars in highly visible areas of the body, such as the neck, face and hands, can cause the burn victim emotional and psychological harm as well. The burn victim might struggle with depression or other mental conditions as a result of their burn injuries.
By filing a personal injury lawsuit, burn victims can recover damages from those who are responsible for causing their burn injuries. These damages can include medical expenses, future treatment costs, lost wages, damages for pain and suffering. We represent adults and children. If you need assistance with a child burn claim, our law firm can compassionately and effectively help you obtain compensation for your child.
Whether you were injured because of a defective smoke detector, a car that caught fire or in a house fire, you can turn to our law firm with confidence. We handle catastrophic injury and wrongful death claims arising from burn accidents. Burns can be catastrophic, requiring extensive, expensive and painful medical treatment.
Contact Our Miami Burn Injury Attorneys
Alan Goldfarb, P.A. will advise you of your legal options. Call us at 305-371-3111 or toll free at 866-936-9761 to schedule a FREE consultation with our legal team today. You may also contact our Miami law firm online.