Miami Car Accident Attorney
The U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration reports that 37,261 Americans were killed in car accidents in 2008. Automotive accidents are particularly common in South Florida due to teen negligence, construction zones and widespread disregard for the rules of the road. An automobile accident can occur unexpectedly, and no one is completely protected from the possibility of being involved in an accident.
Our Miami car accident attorneys have more than 39 years of experience litigating personal injury and wrongful death claims arising out of automotive accidents and other accidents involving trucks, ATVs, motorcycles, scooters and other instrumentalities. These accidents may involve the following:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Side collisions
- Multi-vehicle collisions
- Accidents involving drunk drivers
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Accidents resulting from defective products or design, including defective seatbelts, tires, body style, roof design or gas tanks
Driver Negligence Causes Many Auto Accidents
Many automobile accidents occur as a result of driver negligence. Driver negligence means that a driver was not paying full attention to the road or was driving carelessly at the time of the accident. Some of the most common forms of driver negligence include:
- Distracted driving. Distracted drivers are one of the leading causes of accidents in the United States. These drivers are preoccupied with other vehicle occupants or animals in the vehicle, texting while driving, answering their phone while driving, taking pictures, changing the radio, or even eating or drinking while behind the wheel. Being inattentive at the wheel can cause serious accidents.
- Driving while too tired. Drowsy driving, or driving while overly tired, is another major cause of accidents. In this scenario, a driver gets behind the wheel, but is too sleepy to operate the vehicle safely. The driver dozes off while driving and causes an accident.
- Driving while under the influence. Unfortunately, some people exercise poor judgement and think that they can drink and drive, or consume drugs and drive. Driving while in an altered state is dangerous, and it can cause an accident.
- Reckless conduct. Some individuals drive considerably too fast, cut off other vehicles for no reason and don’t use turn signals. These drivers are reckless behind the wheel and their actions place others in danger.
Auto Accident Injuries Can Be Serious
Auto accidents can look terrible, but only cause minor injuries for the people involved in the accident. Other accidents might look like a minor fender bender, and yet a victim might have suffered a serious and debilitating spinal injury. Just how the accident looks is not a good indication of the injuries that the accident produced.
Auto accidents can produce some serious and life-changing injuries. It is not uncommon for automobile accidents to cause cuts, bruising, eye injuries, head injuries, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), broken bones, fractures, internal injuries, disfigurement, permanent disability, burns, amputations, spinal cord injuries, back and neck injuries, and in the worst cases, loss of life. Victims who are involved in automobile accidents often require emergency medical care immediately after the accident takes place, and then long-term medical treatment to effect a recovery thereafter. This can place a lot of stress on the injured victim. Not only is the victim injured and struggling to make a speedy recovery, but the victim often has to worry about medical bills and missed work while they are trying to make a recovery after an accident. Such worries can weigh heavily on the mind.
A Miami personal injury lawyer can help you seek recovery from the parties that are responsible for the automobile accident. You can seek damages for your injuries, your damaged vehicle, pain and suffering, lost wages and more. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you by analyzing your case and determining each source of compensation that is available to you. We will try to help you obtain the maximum recovery that you are entitled to.
Automotive accidents are life altering events that cause a tremendous amount of physical, emotional, social and financial strain on a person and his or her loved ones. Our Miami car accident injury attorneys understand that individuals and their loved ones are immediately concerned with medical bills, health care treatment, lost wages from missing work, sudden loss of income or benefits, insurance issues and property damage. Our attorneys provide a full service approach to each client and their needs. We will explore all of your options and guide you through the process of obtaining prompt relief and maximized results.
Contact Our Miami Car & Auto Accident Attorneys
Alan Goldfarb, P.A. will advise you and your loved ones of your legal options. Contact our office at 305-371-3111 or toll free at 866-936-9761 to schedule a FREE consultation with our legal team today! You may also contact our Miami law firm online.