Miami Premises Liability Attorneys
Experienced Miami Slip & Fall Lawyers
The owners, operators and/or managers of a premises or property have a legal responsibility to maintain that property and to protect others from dangers or unsafe conditions on that property. If an accident occurs on another person’s property, the owner, operator or manager may be responsible if his or her negligence caused the injury. In these types of cases, the injured person may have a right to recover compensation for medical expenses, lost wages in the past and the future and pain and suffering. There are a variety of premises liability cases and the applicable Florida law governing premises liability lawsuits depends on the specific facts of each case. Contact our Miami premises liability attorneys today, some of the most common premises liability cases include the following:
- Attractive nuisance cases that involve holding a landowner liable for hidden traps or defects on a property that the landowner knew about or should have known about and that typically attract children. For example, landowners may be legally responsible for injuries caused by abandoned buildings, trampolines, pools, and playgrounds.
- Slip and fall accidents that involve slipping or tripping on a substance or an object.
- Fraternity or sorority accidents / hazing incidents
- Negligent security cases that involves assault and battery in parking garages, parking lots, hotels or other businesses.
- Exposure to toxic or hazardous substances such as lead or mold.
- Construction or job-site accidents
How Do Slip And Fall Accidents Occur?
A slip and fall accident can happen in a number of different ways, but the end result is always the same: the victim slips, falls or trips and it causes injury to the victim. Some ways that slip and fall accidents occur include:
- Wet and slippery ground surfaces.
- Debris (e.g., small rocks, dirt, etc.) that has collected on the ground.
- Uneven pavement or divots in the ground surface (e.g., there is a sudden and significant drop in floor elevation that can cause a person to stumble and lose their balance).
- Inadequate handrail and other handgrip means that allows users to hold onto something while walking.
- Ground covering is slick or changes suddenly (e.g., carpet transitions to slick tile or smooth, finished wood).
- Ground hazards strewn across walkways, such as cords, cables, branches, etc.
- Inadequate lighting.
Anyone could be a victim of a slip and fall accident at any time. When the slip and fall accident occurs while you are on the property of another, then it is possible to obtain recovery for your injuries through a personal injury premise liability claim. A Miami lawyer with experience handling slip and fall accidents will know what to do to build a strong case on your behalf against those who should be held liable to you. The attorneys at the office of Alan Goldfarb, P.A. can help you.
Slip and Fall Injuries
A slip, trip or fall can cause a victim to suffer a litany of different injuries. Many of these injuries have a long recovery time because the injury is sustained to a leg, foot or ankle, which are necessary for walking and getting around. When you are unable to allow an injured foot, leg or ankle to fully heal without regular use, the recovery time can be lengthened significantly. Typical slip and fall injuries include:
- Injuries to the feet, ankles or legs.
- Twisted knees or ankles.
- Pulled muscles and stretched tendon injuries.
- Bruising , cuts and scrapes.
- Fractured or broken bones.
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries.
- Neck and back injuries.
- Impact injuries from falling to the ground.
- Injuries to the hip.
Slip and fall injuries can be quite extensive, and often take a long time to heal. Many slip and fall victims often require walking assistance devices, such as canes or crutches, in order to get around while they are healing. Recovery is slow due to the nature of the injury, and how frequently the injured foot, ankle or leg must be used in order for the victim to be mobile.
Premises liability cases can present complicated legal issues and demand a great amount of resources to litigate. The appropriate liable parties will need to be identified and the scope of your recovery needs will have to be determined. You can seek damages for you medical expenses, lost wages and more. An experienced slip and fall attorney can help you decide what personal damages are appropriate in your particular slip and fall accident situation. Our firm has more than 38 years litigating premises liability claims and know how to maximize the resources available to obtain optimal results. Our attorneys provide a full service approach to each client and his or her needs.
Contact Our Miami Premises Liability & Slip/Fall Attorneys Today
Alan Goldfarb, P.A. will advise you and your loved ones of your legal options. Contact our office at 305-371-3111 or toll free at 866-936-9761 to schedule a FREE consultation with our legal team today!